Today, I start yet another new feature, Provocative Praise Picks, where I write a short note about – and provide a link to – whatever webcomic update got me excited during the prior week.
Here are some of the things that got me excited about webcomics last week:
- Expert advice: You have to kill the big one. What sounds like a Heisenberg quote from Breaking Bad is actually a line of dialog from Kappa.
- Brilliant example of trouble & strive over strategy & tactics in Schlock Mercenary.
- Taking the High Ground over the Fine Ground in Wasted Talent.
- The most efficient superhero today, in terms of lives saved per dollar, is Speedsheet, who can analyze spreadsheets at speeds far beyond those of mortal men, see SMBC.
- Think that Fantastic Four was the worst comic to movie adaption possible? You may want to rethink that! See Space Junk Arlia.
- For an easy solution to the tough problems posed by accidental interdimensional travel see Relativity.
- Enjoy how Romance actually can be about fu***** the sh** out of ye olde cliche, in Seeing Him.
- Meet Jeremy, the Sentient Assembly Arm, on Questionable Content.
- How fast the flight plan changes from leisurely to very, very, very, very quick, on Drive.
The next Provocative Praise Picks will be posted next Monday, but in the meantime:
On Friday, I’ll start another new feature, Storytelling Scrutiny Squared, where I provide links to others interested in storytelling and providing information, insight, appreciation or amusement.